Did You Know ...?
(Section 3: Why can't we be Friends?)
Copyright © Michael Bronson 1997, 1999, and 2000
1 out of every 66 deaths in the WORLD is an American abortion*1
1 out of every 4 deaths in America is an American Abortion*2
Half of the deaths in the world are from abortions*3
Abortion is the leading cause of death in the world. It kills as many people as ALL of the other causes of death combined.*4
We have lost more Americans through abortions (64 times more) than we did in all of our wars (12 wars) combined*5
The world kills more people through abortion than all of the deaths in the America combined (22 times as many)*6
The D-Day invasion of France (WWII) was the bloodiest in history. There were 53,714 allied soldiers killed in the "Battle of Normandy." Yet, our world kills more people than that in just 9 hours through abortions.*7
America has lost 589 soldiers in its first year of fighting in the Iraq War. The world, however, kills more people than that in just 6 minutes through abortions.*8
To obtain a poster of these facts, go to the Poster page
(the poster's name is "Did You Know ... ?")
- About 58 million people (worldwide) will die this year (as of Jan 2007). These statistics, however, do not include the number of American Abortions. Since there will be around 850,000 American abortions this years, this put the total deaths at 58.8 million. This means that one out of every 67 deaths (850,000 / 58,850,000 *100 = 1.44%, which equals 1 out of 66.44)will be from the American abortions.
- As of Jan 2007, America's population is around 301 million. As of 2006,the death rate in America is .826%. This means that 2.49 million Americans will die this year (301 million x .00826 = 2,486,000). These deaths, of course, do not include American abortions. Therefore, the total deaths in American will be 3.3 million. This means that one out of every 4 deaths in America will be from American abortions (850,000 / 3.3 million = 25.78%, which is 1 out of 3.88).
- About 58 million people (worldwide) will die this year. These statistics, however, do not include the number of American abortions. There are about 53 million abortions performed every year in the world. That means that half of the world's deaths are from abortions.
(Source: United Nations Population Fund
- If you add up all of the others deaths in the world, it almost equals the number of deaths from abortions.
- In the past 12 American wars, we lost 651,543 American soldiers. Yet, in the past 30 years, we have lost over 41 million Americans to abortions. That means we lost 64 times more Americans through abortion than we have in all of our wars combined (41,704,000 / 651,543 = 64).
(Source: Time Almanac 2002)
- There are (on average) 2,486,000 deaths a year in America. There are about 53 million abortions in the world every years. Therefore the deaths from abortions are 22 times the deaths in America (53,000,000 / 2,486,000 = 21.31). Actually, many sources say there are 55 million abortions a year and other sources put the numbers as high as 60 million. However, to stay on the conservative side, I chose to use the smaller number of 53 million.
- There are, on average, 1.68 abortions performed every second in the world. Therefore, it would take 8.9 hours to accumulate 53,714 deaths (53,714 / 1.68 / 60 seconds / 60 minutes = 8.88 hours).
(Source: http://www.ddaymuseum.co.uk/faq.htm )
- There are, on average, 1.68 abortions performed every second in the world. Therefore, it would take 5.84 minutes to accumulate 589 deaths (589 / 1.68 / 60 seconds = 5.84 minutes).
Other Chapters in this Section
Standing up for Principle -1: Wasted Energy
Standing up for Principle -2: A Destroyed Attitude
Standing up for Principle -3: When should you fight?
Standing up for Principle -4: Focus on your True Objective
Forgiving your Offenders
Johnny Lingo's Eight Cow Wife
There are no Winners in War
Taking Sides in a Conflict
Being Stuck on the Wrong Side of a Conflict
Comparing Abortion and Slavery
American Abortion Counter
World-Wide Abortion Counter
Did you know ...?
Tell a Friend about this page
-Top of Page-